QuickBooks Error Code 6150
In this article, we can see about the error code 6150 you will mostly experience while running the Quick Books Software of your business organization. This article will be helpful for troubleshooting the problem you are facing due to the error code 6150.
What is Quickbooks Error code 6150?
This error happens when the company files are unable to open. You can’t able to open the file because it is damaged or corrupted.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6150:
In this topic, we can see what are all the problems you face if your system software is affected by the QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
- The QuickBooks software is not completely installed on the system in which it is affected by error code 6150.
- The windows registry is corrupted.
- In case the malware or the virus present on the system.
- A number of important files deleted unknowingly.
- The files cannot be downloaded even if you download them it will be corrupted.
- The QuickBooks file extensions are changed.
All kinds of above causes slow the performance of the computer and crash all the software of the system. In order to overcome these issues, you need to read this article completely. The various solutions are provided in the topics given below.
How to fix the issues of the Quickbooks error code 6150?
In this topic, we can see the different solutions to overcome the problems that are stated above. There are three different methods to solve this kind of error. We can see these methods one by one in detail.
Method 1: Perform restore from backup
In this method, we are going to solve the error by restoring the files from the backup documents. The various steps involved in this method are
- Open the QuickBooks software.
- Then click on the file menu and the open or you need to restore the company file which is affected.
- For restoring the file select restore a backup copy option and click on the next button to proceed with the steps.
- In the page that appears to choose the local backup copy and then click next.
- In the drop-down menu select the location where the company’s backup file appears.
- Ensure that the backup file that is created is with the extension .qbb.
- Click the open menu to then go option to save the company’s file location in the drop-down menu.
- Type the new filename and check whether the file is saved in the auto restore file with the extension .qbw.
This is one method to solve the QuickBooks error code 6150. If this method does not provide you the solution for the problem then try the other two methods given below.
Method 2: create a new QuickBooks File
In this method, we are going to create a new file for QuickBooks to solve the error. The various steps involved in this method are.
- First, you need to open the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Create a new company name on the no company open window.
- Then you need to go to the QB setup windows.
- In the window provide the information asked related to your company file.
- After providing all the information correctly.
- Click on the create company option to create a new company for the QuickBooks.
This is the second method to solve the issue of the QuickBooks error code 6150. If you are still facing problem in opening the QuickBooks software because of the error code 6150, then try the other method provided in this article.
Method 3: perform a full malware scan for your device
In this method, we are going to scan your system or device fully, because if your device is affected by the malware then you cannot able to run the QuickBooks Support software efficiently. This affects the accounting activities of your company.
- To scan your device efficiently, you need to install the anti-virus software for your system. This helps to detect if any kind of malware, virus, or threat available in your system.
- If any kind of threat available then remove it or delete it immediately from your computer for preventing from further damage.
- Now, open the company file through the QuickBooks software which you have installed in your system.
If this method also not applicable for you to overcome from the QuickBooks error code 6150 or Quickbooks error code 6140 then contact the technical support assistant of the QuickBooks. They will guide you to overcome from this problem.
Recommended for you –